Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Obama's Address to School Children

On September 8th, President Obama is going to have the first-ever address to every student in America. K-12 - they're all going to hear Obama speak.

In addition, the President is offering up lesson plans and assignments for teachers to assist in preparing for and getting the most out of this day (K-6 here; 7-12 here).

I think there is a reason no other president in the history of the country has done such a thing - it's totally creepy. Obama will be addressing our nation's children and bringing his liberal agenda straight to this captive audience. And because children are all taught to respect the President (except for children of liberal parents respecting a Republican president...) they will listen to what he says and take it to heart.

But is this a speech on the importance of education or a call to action? Look at some of the sample questions: what is the president asking me to do? What is he challenging me to do? One of the sample assignments asks K-6 students to write a letter to themselves and describe what they can do to help the president. Not themselves, not their families or schools or even the country, but the president! The teachers are to collect the letters and then pass them back out later so the students can be "held accountable" for what they are supposed to do.

And we can all be sure that the vast majority of teachers will be pushing Obama's ideas and agendas too. Check out this great video that Michelle Malkin posted at her site:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not in school that day, which is really sad. I start school on Wednesday because the teachers "prepare" the day after Labor Day. Guess the whole summer wasn't enough. All my friends at other schools will hear him speak, though. I feel deprived, because heaven knows I wouldn't cooperate. It would be a fun experience, and even though it shouldn't happen, since it IS going to happen, it stinks to have to miss it.
Then again, my community is fairly dominated by liberals, so I'm sure the staff will replay his address and still make us do whatever the heck he wants us to do.
What a creep-- brainwashing innocent schoolchildren. I once asked my mom why almost all of the kids my age were liberals, and she said they didn't know any better. "Kids these days" are prone to reliance on emotion rather than common sense.
Which, I guess, is why Obama is targeting us. Well, I'm ready, and I hope I don't have to miss this chance to prove that I'm a true American.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Part of the reason Presidents have never addressed the school children before is that kids used to actually be encouraged to pay attention to news right along with their parents:

"And children, if your parents haven't been teaching you what it means to be an American, let 'em know and nail 'em on it. That would be a very American thing to do."--Ronald Reagan

But this Obama thing does smack of indoctrination. Interesting to see what the ramifications are.